Customer Service Manager Timber
Our newly fast-growing Timber Department is looking to recruit a Customer Service Manager to our existing talented team.
We are looking for a motivated, hardworking individual who can support our Executive Manager in leading our driven Timber team to provide excellent customer service, in an environment of continuous improvement.
Working with the team this role will be central to guiding trade customers through the sales process of specialist goods in a confident and knowledgeable manner, providing excellent customer service.
The ideal candidate would possess a friendly personality, have first-rate organisational and management skills and a positive can-do attitude. The department requires a conscientious and focused approach whilst showing initiative & drive for growth.
The key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining effective customer service procedures, policies, and standards. Dealing with customers & following up when required and handling & resolving complaints
- Managing the operations of the department to meet objectives and inform decisions regarding sourcing, supply, pricing and sales initiatives. Ensuring that profitable customer relationships are built and maintained, driving sales and seeking business opportunities with new and existing customers
- Using key performance indicators to monitor success and manage employee workloads, ultimately be responsible for the productivity and output of individuals and the department
- With the support of Human Resources, own the recruitment process and proactively develop existing members of the department
- Remaining up to date with the latest industry techniques and methods, researching required product information using available resources and working with suppliers and other departments to develop sales
- Ensuring that the Group health, safety & wellbeing policies are strictly adhered to
Key skills we will be looking for include:
- Previous knowledge and experience in managing a team
- Great verbal, written & listening skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Good understanding of management practices and techniques
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to work within and lead a team
- Commercial awareness & ability to read sales figures and deliver on margin targets
- Works in a professional manner, is organised with attention to detail
This is an exciting permanent position within a growing department with an ever-improving benefits package including holiday allowance, competitive salary, health insurance, employee discount, employee assistance programme, pension, training and development opportunities and more.
To apply, please firstname.lastname@example.orgClick here to download application form