Norman Piette is a local builders’ merchant and one of the largest employers in Guernsey. We have a mission of ‘Helping Build a Better Guernsey’ and pride ourselves on being an employer of choice on the island.
We are looking to appoint a pro-active and motivated individual to join our busy Transport department.
- Reviewing orders scheduled for delivery, ensuring they are complete
- Providing excellent customer service, answering questions, and handling complaints
- Maintaining records of daily checks ensuring that vehicles are clean and safe to drive
- Assisting & supervising the loading of goods to be delivered in a safe, efficient manner
- Using handheld devices correctly to evidence proof of delivery
- Assisting with the unloading of goods from vehicles on site
- Operating equipment and machines whilst reducing the risk of vehicle overloading
- Being compliant with the traffic laws and maintaining a safe driving record
- Ensuring procedures included within the Group Health & Safety Policy are always adhered to
- Other duties as assigned
Key skills we will be looking for include:
- Excellent verbal, written communication and listening skills
- Works with a safety first approach at all times
- Ability to work within a team and individually
- Works in a professional and courteous manner
- Organised with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Basic mechanical knowledge
Applicants must hold a current Category C (6) Licence and have a good knowledge of Guernsey roads.
Benefits include a competitive salary, health insurance, employee discount, employee assistance program, active sports, social & wellbeing calendars and more.
For more information email email@example.comClick here to download application form