Trainee People Officer
This is an exciting time for NP Group as we heavily invest in our employees, with a culture of continuous development and the goal of becoming ‘the employer of choice’.
Our small but busy People department looks after five companies within the Group and is now looking for Trainee People Officer to assist with the department’s day-to-day operations. The ideal candidate should have strong organisational and time management skills, be reliable with the ability to multitask and acclimatise in a fast-paced environment.
This would be a fantastic opportunity for anyone with previous experience of administration and looking for a career change. Experience is Human Resources would be a benefit, but not essential as full training will be provided.
The key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting all internal and external People related inquiries or requests
- Maintaining up-to-date, accurate electronic records of employees on our People system
- Assisting with the recruitment process by identifying candidates, conducting interviews, performing reference checks, and issuing employment contracts and benefit documentation
- Completing the onboarding of new joiners and performing inductions
- Assisting with performance management and development procedures
- Maintaining calendars, scheduling meetings, interviews, events and keeping agendas
- Acting as point of contact for benefit providers and administrators
- Coordinating training sessions and keeping records
- Producing and submitting reports on general People activity
- Assisting with the processing of payroll
- Completing leaver paperwork and exit interviews
- Remaining up to date with the latest People trends and best practices
- Ensuring procedures included within the Group Health & Safety Policy are always adhered to
- Undertaking training and personal development
- Other duties as assigned
Essential skills we will be looking for include:
- Excellent decision-making skills with a solid understanding of employee relationships
- Effective administration and people management skills
- An understanding of People functions and best practices
- Highly computer literate with capability in MS Office and related business and communication tools
- Meticulous attention to detail, with excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Works in a professional manner with excellent time management skills
- Ability to work within a team
Experience in an administrative role would be preferred.
This is a permanent position, with an ever-improving benefits package. Benefits include holiday allowance, competitive salary and bonus scheme, health insurance, employee discount, pension, employee assistance programme, training, and development opportunities and more.
To apply, please contact Human Resources via email@example.com or call +44 (0) 1481 245801